Processing of Personal Data collected from the Website is carried out in compliance with the amended law of January 6, 1978 (“Loi Informatique et Libertés”) and with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
The person in charge of Data processing is Emeriane Avocats.
1. Collected Data
The Data collected by Emeriane Avocats during the use of the Website by the User is strictly necessary for the purposes determined by Emeriane Avocats and described below.
2. Purposes of Data Collection and Processing
Data may be collected when the User:
- Navigates on the Website,
- Sends a question or information via the contact form,
- Submits an application for a position or an internship using the dedicated form.
Users’ Data is therefore only processed for the following purposes:
- to improve the navigation on the Website,
- to optimize the Website’s functionalities,
- to provide Users with the services or information that have been requested,
- to respond to questions and requests from Users,
- to process applications received.
The legal basis for processing such data is the legitimate interest of Emeriane Avocats to ensure the proper functioning and security of the Website, and to assess its audience.
Emeriane Avocats may also use Users’ Data for communication purposes for sending newsletters, information, and invitations to events and conferences.
This processing is based on the legitimate interest of Emeriane Avocats to develop its relationships with its customers, prospects and partners.
3. Retention and Recipients of your Personal Data
The aforementioned Data is kept only for the time necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and processed and in compliance with the legislation in force.
The Data collected and processed by Emeriane Avocats through the Website are not transferred or rented, whether free of charge or in return for payment, to third parties. As applicable, Emeriane Avocats’ offices located in the European Union are not considered third parties.
Emeriane Avocats undertakes to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of Users’ Data provided on the Website by using physical and logistical security measures.
However, and given the inherent characteristics of the Internet as a global means of communication, Emeriane Avocats cannot guarantee that this information, when transmitted over the Internet, cannot be intercepted by third parties.
Users who do not wish to accept these cookies can deactivate them by following the instructions described below.
Cookies are data stored in a user’s terminal equipment and used by the website that users visit to send information to the browser, allowing the browser to send information back to the original website.
They generally contain the name of the server that deposited it, an identifier in the form of a unique number and an expiry date.
Cookies make it possible to retain, for the duration of the cookie’s validity, status information when a browser accesses the different pages of a website or when the browser later returns to that website.
The reading or modification of the information contained in a cookie is the sole responsibility of its issuer.
In order to offer services adapted to the User’s terminal (computer, mobile or tablet), the cookies used by Emeriane Avocats have the following purposes:
- The collection of information relating to User browsing;
- The analysis of visits to and use of the Website.
The cookies used on the Website are the following:
- Session cookies which record technical information while browsing from one page to another on the Website and which disappear as soon as the User leaves the Website.
- Functionality cookies that enable the User to be recognized when visiting the Website again and to adapt the Website accordingly. These are permanent cookies that remain on the User’s terminal until the expiry of their lifetime or their deletion using the browser’s functionalities.
- Google Analytics audience measurement cookies: these cookies are used to collect information, in an anonymous manner, on the Users of the websites. These cookies make it possible to count visitors and identify how they use the Website. These cookies are deposited and read on the User’s equipment and as soon as the User accesses a website using the “Google Analytics” service.
5.4 Consent - deletion and management of cookies
Users have several options for deleting cookies.
Users also have the possibility to manage the cookies used on the Website by configuring the browsers of their various terminals (tablets, smartphones, computers), as detailed below.
The configuration of each browser is described in its help menu. Generally, you should refer to the “Settings” tab, then to the “Options” or “Preferences” menu.
Users are informed that, depending on the settings chosen, the conditions of access to the Website and its features may be modified, for which Emeriane Avocats cannot be held responsible.
When Users refuse the deposit of a cookie by following the parameters set out above, a cookie is installed and stored on their browser to identify them as having refused the installation of cookies. In the event that Users delete such cookie from their browser or log on from a different Internet browser or another computer, they should then undertake the same procedure to refuse the deposit of cookies.
6. Rights of the User
Each User has the right to access, modify, rectify and delete Data concerning him/her.
Each User also has the possibility to oppose, for legitimate reasons, the processing of his/her Data by Emeriane Avocats.
These rights may be exercised by sending a letter to Emeriane Avocats, 102 rue Réaumur – 75002 Paris – France or by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each User is informed that he/she can at any time file a complaint with the French Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL - 3 Place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris, France).
8. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
Date of the latest update : February 2021